Again, I am not a particularly good baker, but I decided to bake a small loaf of banana bread one night as comfort food. To be honest, I actually had to make the bread twice, the first trial resulted in a banana bread that had a crusty black outside and a soggy inside….I turned the heat down for the 2nd trial, and I conquered those bananas like nobody’s business.
I got this recipe from Elise at Simply Recipes. The recipe did not require an electric mixer, so it worked for me as I do not have any fancy gadgets in my kitchen.
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Mix butter into the smashed bananas
- Slowly add in sugar, eggs and vanilla, then sprinkle in baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Finally, fold in the flour.
- Grease a 4 X 8 loaf pan, pour in the mixture and bake for 50 – 60 minutes
- Enjoy with butter and a glass of milk….yummm