This is my first time making ribs. I always thought that they needed to be grilled over a BBQ, but I was ohhh so very wrong. Ribs slowed baked in the oven was tender, moist and absolutely delicious! Here is how I made them.
156 ml Can tomato paste
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup cider vinegar, i just used regular white vinegar
1 cup orange juice, I substituted with apple juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chili powder
Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Put ribs into a large roasting pan.
- Whisk together the tomato paste, juice, brown sugar, Dijon, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chili powder and salt. Pour over the ribs.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 2 hours
- At the end of the 2 hours, remove foil and brush sauce that is left in the pan over the ribs, and bake the ribs uncovered for another 30 minutes, or until the meat is fork tender.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adopted from Michael Smith, The Food Network