So I have learned something about myself in the past month and a half…. I am terrible at blogging. Absolutely terrible. And it apparently takes millions of bacteria, a killer headache and a runny nose to realize this.
Yes, I am sick. Very very sick. I came home for Thanksgiving and instead of turkey, I got bronchitis. YAY! My flight back to Vancouver was rescheduled, and I have been directed to stay in Calgary for the next week, until I am healthy again.
Now, what does one do when they are coughing up their lungs and have a voice of a dying Banshee? YOU BAKE! I saw this recipe in Chateline while waiting at the doctor’s office, and I kind of *cough* ripped the page out of the magazine *cough*. Anyways, I made it and it’s a fantastic recipe, and now I am sharing it with you so you no longer need to steal it from other doctors’ offices.
What you will need:
1 Cup unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 Cup icing sugar
2 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup jam (I used this delicious blueberry peach jam, but any jam would work)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with salt, then gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter, stir just until its combined
- Pinch off about 1 Tbsp of dough and roll into 1 inch balls, place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough
- Use your fingers, press into each ball, make a deep indent into each ball
- Bake in the centre of preheated oven for about 15 min, leave on sheet fo another 5 minutes or so before moving it onto the cookie racks
- Just before serving, fill each cookie with 1/2 tsp of jam. Enjoy!!