This post is long over due. I made these cupcakes a few months ago and had totally forgot to make a post about them until…today. Please forgive me for holding onto this glorious recipe all to myself.
I found this recipe days before Mr. K’s birthday. I asked him what he would like as his birthday cake and he said only one thing. CHOCOLATE. Inside, outside, and everywhere.
When I saw these cupcakes posted on The Pioneer Woman. I knew this was the one. This was the cupcake of my dreams! The love of my life! I just knew it. Don’t ask me why. I just know these things when it comes to food…and shoes.
These cupcakes were very easy to make. Only takes about 1/2 hour of work, and the results are SOOOOOoo rewarding. They are SO rich, SO chocolaty, SO moist, SO perfect. One cupcake is all you need to reach complete blissfulness. If you have 2, then you will be happy for the rest of your life. Guaranteed. If you have 5, your heart might stop functioning…. so don’t.
Here is what you will need:
2 cups Sugar
2 cups All-purpose Flour
¼ teaspoons Salt
½ cups Buttermilk
2 whole Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 sticks 1 Cup Butter
4 heaping tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 cup water, Boiling
18 whole Hershey’s Kisses
8 ounces, weight Bittersweet Chocolate
1 cup Heavy Cream
6 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 18 muffin cups with baking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate container, combine buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and stir to combine. Add boiling water, allow to bubble for a few seconds, then turn off heat.
- Pour chocolate mixture over flour mixture. Stir a few times to cool the chocolate. Pour buttermilk mixture over the top and stir to combine.
- Pour 1/4 cup cake batter into each muffin cup. Lightly set one kiss in the middle of each cupcake; do not press down.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove cupcakes and allow to cool on a baking rack.
- To make the ganache, heat cream and corn syrup over medium heat. Chop chocolate and add to a bowl. Add vanilla to cream mixture, then pour cream mixture over the top of the chopped chocolate. Whisk together until melted, smooth, and glossy.
- Dunk cupcakes in ganache. Allow to cool and set. ENJOY! And SMILE!
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman