What’s better than meatballs simmering in tomato sauce? I am don’t think I know the answer to that question… I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
Meatballs make me happy. They make the world go round. They save lives. Except when they are not cooked through… then they contain E. Coli and E. Coli is not good in life.
The past week has been pretty busy. Both Mr. K and I are constantly on the go. He is studying for his professional engineering exam, and I am busy doing work. And by work, I mean eating Doritos and chocolate cakes. Don’t judge.
Anyways, what I was trying to say is that Mr. K deserved some comfort food. And this little meatball sandwich was exactly what he needed. Once again, this recipe comes from Ree at The Pioneer Woman. I love her. She is fantastic. She enjoys consuming Twinkies and French fries. She is my hero.
Here is the recipe. You must try making this, it is SO easy and it is SO good. It will make your life better.
Here is what you will need:
1 lb Ground Beef
½ cups Bread Crumbs (I used Italian ones and just cut the salt)
1 clove Garlic, Minced
½ teaspoons Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
½ cups Milk
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
½ whole Medium Onion, Diced
1 jar marinara/pasta/tomato Sauce
Good, fresh dinner rolls
4 slices Provolone Cheese
- Mix meat with bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and milk. Roll into heaping tablespoon-sized rolls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add meatballs between the onions and let them brown
- Pour in jar of marinara; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cut each dinner roll in half. Place a wedge of Provolone on each roll. Spoon a meatball with the sauce onto the bottom bun; top with the top bun.
- Tie up your bib. Eat up!
Recipe from thepioneerwoman.com