K and I went on a mini 2-day vacation this past weekend. We drove from the -20°C Calgary, to the – 30°C Edmonton…
Just for the record. We’re not crazy… I think.
An overview of our exciting trip to the fair city of Edmonton can be found in the list below:
- K driving on terrible winter roads, while I scream periodically from the passenger seat
“AHHHH, we’re gonna DIE!”
“I can’t see a thing out these windows, WE’RE GONNA DIE!”
“HUNNY, WATCH OUT for that MOOSE!!!…… oh, nevermind, it was just another car….”
“BAHHH…We’re gonna die.”
…It was a lovely drive…
- Munching continuously on BBQ Fritos to stop me from having anxiety attacks as we passed cars that were flipped over on the side of the road
- Arriving in Edmonton. Safe and sound.
- Inhaling KFC by the pounds. To celebrate the fact that we’re still alive
- Ordering room service. To celebrate the fact that we’re alive and on vacation
- Receiving chocolate chip cookies, ordered and delivered to our hotel by our good friend Wang
- Watching the Food Network in bed while eating cheese and crackers
- Brunch. There was steak involved. Enough said.
- Lunch. Not immediately after brunch, but closely following.
- Hanging out with Wang, who is probably one of the most amazing, thoughtful, fantastic, phenomenal people I know.
- Driving back to Calgary. Please refer to points 1 and 2.
As you have probably guessed, it was an awesome trip. I actually really enjoyed visiting Edmonton and we plan to go back when the weather turns a little sunnier….which by the looks of it, will be in August 2057.