What’s better than chocolate cookies? Double chocolate cookies.
So theoretically speaking, quadruple chocolate cookies would be even better, but people, I have my limits. Even when it comes to chocolate.
These cookies are the perfect little treats for a rainy
day week. They are also great for sharing, especially with your new co-workers, so that’s why I made an extra batch for K to take to work so that he can make new friends through the power of chocolate.
I made all of my friends through chocolate. Well, chocolate and bacon, either will work.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
125 grams (4 oz) dark chocolate, melted
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 – 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 315F.
- Beat butter and sugar in a mixer until light and creamy for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, then add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- To that, add in the melted chocolate, the chocolate chips and walnuts. Stirring by hand until just combined.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, place them on a lined cookie sheet, and bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks or just consume them immediately with a big glass of milk.